Interested in the Virtual Content Marketer PLUS package?
Read on for more information about what the package entails, why you might need it, and what you'll get from a Virtual Content Marketer PLUS engagement.
Or, if you're in a hurry, read the "too long; didn't read" version!
- VIRTUAL CONTENT MARKETER PLUS
- TL;DR VERSION
Imagine life with a go-to resource for all things content marketing
This package is identical to the standard Virtual Content Marketer package, but includes one big PLUS:
- Unlimited email, chat, and text access during business hours (ET) for you and up to two members of your team — great for answers to quick questions, in-the-moment guidance, and “how does this sound” feedback.
Because Google frowns upon too much duplicate content, I invite you to read my general comments on the standard Virtual Content Marketer package here. If you've visited that page already, then simply view the chart below to see what you get in this PLUS package.
The Virtual Content Marketer package: What's included
What you get
Shortly after you book the engagement, I'll send you homework: the launch questionnaire, a brief set of questions whose answers will orient me to your business and allow me to conduct preliminary research in preparation for our first phone session.
Session 1 - Orientation and goal-setting call
To kick off the project, you and I will connect to discuss the engagement. I'll have done my preliminary research, which means I'll be prepared to ask about your company, your goals, and your audience and their journey. In this 60-minute call, either by phone, Skype, or Hangouts, I’ll pick your brain in preparation for the work ahead.
During discovery, I'll dive deeply to shine a light on your competitors, differentiation, audience, and company. The work I do during discovery -- a competitive content audit and market analysis -- will inform the content audit to come, and lay the foundation for your content marketing strategy. I'll note my questions, concerns, objections, and thoughts. These notes, in turn, will become a discovery questionnaire, which we'll walk through together during our next call.
Session 2 - Discovery call
During the discovery call, which usually lasts about an hour, we'll work through the discovery questionnaire together. The goal of this call is to allow me to access the information and insight I need to conduct the upcoming DeepAudit, provide recommendations, and create your first 90-day strategy and Content Stack.
The DeepAudit is part inventory, part audit: I'll take in the big picture of your content and review any content data you might have. The goal is to discover how to improve your existing content, and to understand what's there, what's not, what's working, what's not, what's good, what's not. I will present my findings in a DeepAudit report.
Session 3 - DeepAudit call
The DeepAudit call tends to be one of the shorter phone sessions. We'll discuss my findings, areas where you can improve overall, and how our work together so far will affect the shape of your content marketing strategy.
Strategy x 4
Now, filled to the brim with an understanding of your content, your place in the market, and what you and your audience want, I'll create your content marketing strategy for the next 90 days. The strategy will include both broad strokes and fine lines, stretching from overarching goals and monthly themes to daily actions and tactics. It's the content marketing plan you've always wanted but never had, all designed to help you achieve the goals you set out to begin with. At the end of each quarter, I'll reasses our strategy and provide tweaks and guidance to keep you on goal.
Session 4 - Strategy call
During this last "getting started" call, I'll go over the first strategy with you, answering questions and fine-tuning as needed. You (and I) are now ready to go forth and create the right content!
DeepReview x 10 x 4
Each quarter, I'll provide a deep, thorough review with detailed recommendations for up to 10 pieces of content -- up to 40 pieces of content during our year together. The review will include sreenshots and annotations, and guidance for current and future improvement.
Professionally created content; choose from one of three Content Stacks each quarter
During the first month of our working together and after each quarterly strategy review, you'll choose from one of three Content Stacks: the Funnel Stack (ad or email copy, landing page copy, and copy for a "free giveaway), the Social Stack (a set of 30 social graphics in a theme and with topics of your choice), or the Blog Stack (three blog posts of your choosing). I'll provide much more detail about the Stacks during our Get-Acquainted call.
Unlimited email, text, and chat access for you and up to two members of your team
Have a content-related question? Need in-the-moment content guidance? Want someone with an ear for content to give you quick "how does this sound" feedback? This package provides unlimited email, chat, and text access to me during business hours (ET) for you and up to two members of your team. Simply send me your query, and I'll give it top priority.
Monthly progress calls
Get ideas, support, an expert sounding board--and the time and space you need each month to focus on content. Each month, we'll connect to assess our progress and adjust as needed to keep us on track for acheiving your goals.
Weekly email check-ins
Your content projects won't fall through the cracks when I'm on your team. I'll gently poke and prod those who need it--including you--with weekly updates that reflect the status of your projects, plus a little inspiration and fun along the way!
Ideas for new content and new presentation methods from a fresh set of eyes
As I work with your content, I'll invariably have many ideas: for new content, new forms of content, new ways of presenting content, new ways of recycling existing content. Think of me as your content maestro, orchestrating and conducting on your behalf.
Stronger, clearer messages for your brand, products, and services
As I work with your content, I'll also ask many questions that help us get crystal clear on the benefits of what you offer and why people should choose you instead of anyone else. And because I love to share what I learn, I'll naturally share insights and messaging recommendations with you.
Improve more than "words;" improve content readability and usability so people actually want to -- and enjoy -- reading your content
My mad desire is to create readable, enjoyable content that proactively answers reader questions, tackles reader objections, and smooths out whatever rough edges might cause the reader to work harder than she should to consume your content. In my eyes, YOU, the business owner or marketing professional, should do the work to make your content as easy to consume as possible. During our work together, I'll nudge you in the direction of creating that kind of content -- the kind that seamlessly, smoothly, leads readers ever closer to YES.
Is the Virtual Content Marketer PLUS package right for you?
Because of the in-depth, personal attention I provide through the Virtual Content Marketer PLUS package, spaces are limited. I'm specifically looking for business owners and marketing professionals who want to commit to content excellence and are willing to do the work it takes to get there. If you're interested in a seat for next year, let's schedule a call to make sure the program is a good match for both of us. There's no obligation; the call is simply to identify fit. Please choose a time that works for you on the calendar that follows.
P.S. If you run into problems with the calendar (technology, you know!), please email me so I can get it fixed--and you scheduled.
IN A HURRY? READ THIS.
- What it is: Virtual Content Marketer PLUS, an annual strategy-building, content-creation, and ongoing-content-guidance program.
- Who it's for: Small business owners and marketers committed to content excellence and results.
- What you get:
- Two questionnaires (your homework)
- Four one-on-one discovery-type phone sessions during the first quarter
- A DeepAudit report noting content gaps and recommendations
- A comprehensive quarterly review and improvement recommendations for 10 of your high-value content pieces (40 pieces over the year)
- Quarterly 90-day strategy reports detailing your next steps towards content marketing excellence and effectiveness
- Content for new assets each quarter from either the Funnel Stack, Social Stack, or Blog Stack
- Monthly progress calls to give you the time and space you need to focus on content
- Weekly email check-ins to keep content projects from falling through the cracks
- PLUS unlimited email, text, and chat access to me for you and up to two members of your team
- What else you get: See what competitors are saying and how they're saying it; see what the market is saying and thinking; uncover hidden differentiators; know what to say and how to clearly say it; know which content to send at each stage of the buyer's journey.
- In a nutshell: The Virtual Content Marketer PLUS package combines the Content Strategy in a Box and the Virtual Content Marketer programs, adding on email, text, and chat access for all those "how does this sound?" and "what do you think?" moments.
- Sound good? Visit the Virtual Content Marketer PLUS tab and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to schedule a Get-Acquainted call. There's no obligation; the call is just to see if we're a good fit.