[Sorry to do this to you; I used a template to create this policy. It is NOT reader friendly, but it IS required to be posted. So here it is. The short version: I will never share or sell your information without your express permission. Your secrets are safe with me!]
Digital Ink, Incorporated, also known as The Write Idea and ineedcopy.com, takes your privacy seriously, and strives to comply with all national and global privacy regulations. With that in mind, the company adopted guidelines for respecting your privacy and preferences.
Digital Ink receives your information through its website, applications, ads, and e-commerce services. This policy describes how and when the company collects, uses, and shares your information when you use services and the website.
What Type of Information Do You Collect?
Digital Ink only collects information that is provided with 1) consent, or 2) a legal basis, namely, a legitimate interest. Personal information collected by this website may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number, social media account links, and e-mail address.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information. Please note, Digital Ink does not retain credit card information, as it is processed through one of two third-party servers, Stripe and PayPal.
Digital Ink may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account – your username, password, and other demographic information that you provide.
- If you purchase from the website – what you buy, how frequently you buy, and other products you look at.
- If you opt-in for an email freebie or sign up for a mailing list – your email address, interests as indicated by “checking the box,” your email opening rate, and your “click through” rate.
- If you connect your account to another service such as Facebook, Google, Amazon, Twitter, Teachable, Disqus, the other service may, with your authorization, send your registration or profile information on that service. This information enables cross-platform data sharing to improve your user experience.
- Any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure, namely for the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
How Do You Collect Data?
Digital Ink may 1) collect data you submit through forms, shopping cards, or other methods, or 2) using cookies, Local Shared Objects, and web beacons, automatically collect website use information when you visit the website.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website to, among other things, help me improve my site and your experience. In addition, this site uses targeting or advertising cookies to count visits to the site and to see which topics, products, and features are popular to users. These cookies are used by third parties such as social networks and advertisers to collect information about your browsing habits and share it with other websites so they can display advertising relevant to you, provide services, and to allow “Like” buttons and “Share” buttons to work. Most browsers feature an “opt out” of cookie collection, and you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. The methods for doing so change from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
In addition, to identify Local Shared Objects on your computer and adjust your settings, visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
The information Digital Ink may gather includes information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
The company may also collect aggregated or anonymized usage data that does not personally identify you, but will provide information on site usage.
How Do You Use Information About Me, a User?
Digital Ink uses and processes information for which you have given consent, or which the company has a legal basis to process, namely a legitimate interest. Digital Ink may use the gathered information to:
- Administer the website and business, provide services, ensure the security of the website and services, and maintain database back-ups;
- Enable and monitor your use of the website;
- Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, accounts, and requests for information;
- Process orders, registrations, and customer service inquiries;
- Provide you with information about content, products, and services, and advertise/ market relevant content, products, or services to you;
- Better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- Quickly process your transactions;
- Keep proper records of transactions;
- Send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services; or to
- Comply with, enforce, defend, or indemnify the company's -- or any other party’s -- legitimate legal interest.
How is my Personal Information Secured?
Digital Ink maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. This includes the use of strong passwords to protect all accounts containing user data, and keeping hard copies (if required) of user data confidential.
1) Digital Ink uses SSL certificates to protect your data.
The company maintains updated apps, programs, and passwords, and monitor add-ons for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit as safe as possible.
While the company takes these steps to protect your personal information as much as is reasonable, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you are concerned about your user data, please contact Renae Gregoire by emailing service at ineedcopy dot com.
What happens if there is a data breach?
If there is a data breach, Digital Ink will notify you by email within seven (7) days.
How Can I Update My Personal Information?
Digital Ink offers choices for you to update your personal information and the way you receive communications. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- For all online courses and materials you access through the portal, sign in to your account, if you have one, and visit the Account Settings section to manage your preferences and to update your personal information.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, Digital Ink may still send you transaction-based communications, such as emails about your accounts or ongoing business relations with the company.
You can opt out of interest-based advertising through:
- Twitter at https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
- Facebook at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- LinkedIn via the privacy control setting within your LinkedIn account, or,
- For all targeted interest-based advertising information, by using a tool like http://optout.aboutads.info
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
Digital Ink honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does Company Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
Digital Ink does not disclose your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. The company may share information with any subsidiary or holding company, insurers, professional advisors, website hosting partners, and other parties who help to operate the website, conducting business, and serve users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Digital Ink may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect rights, property, or safety, and for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or an administrative out-of-court procedure.
Digital Ink retains the email addresses of those who send email, purchase goods and services via the website, register for site access, and subscribe to email newsletters. The company retains these email addresses, along with other information you provide, in the mailing list service, ConvertKit. Digital Ink does not disclose email addresses to third parties by “list sharing” or selling your information.
Digital Ink sometimes works with third parties or carefully selected advertisers (“Third Party Services”) to analyze your preferences, provide content, products, or services of interest to you, or to collect data for conversion tracking (that is, what actions you take after you click on an ad). Third Party Services used on this website include:
- Google Analytics, Zapier, Google Forms, Facebook Pixel, ConvertKit, Disqus, Gravatar.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Digital Ink uses anonymous aggregated data about customers or users to create marketing profiles, determine site metrics, provide up-to-date information to potential advertisers, and provide other support services.
How does your website interact with Google?
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. You can access these principals at https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
Digital Ink uses the following Google Services:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
Digital Ink may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on the website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. The company may notify you by email of significant changes to this policy.
Contact, Questions, and Feedback
service at ineedcopy dot com
Digital Ink, Inc.
30 Largo Lane
Hendersonville NC 28792